Sign in to O365 Student Email [firstname.lastname@example.org]
All Clover Park Technical College correspondence will be sent to your college issued email address. Please check your CPTC email account regularly. Using your student email will help you keep up-to-date on important information and events and communicate with faculty and other students.
** Your account and e-mail will be created within two (2) business days, once you have been accepted to the college and declared a program. **
Your college issued email address is also your log in for the college Wi-Fi network and all student computers on campus.
Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password.
Your free and required CPTC student email account is created automatically within one business day of your application acceptance. Instructions for setting up your account are sent to the email address you provided the college at the time of admission. Accessing your mailbox requires a username and password. To set up your student email, follow these steps:
Go to CPTC Student Email.
Enter Username and Password according to these guidelines:
1. Username: Student username is composed of your last name (in lowercase letters) as recorded in the Registrar's office, the last four digits of your CPTC Student ID number (not your social security number), and followed by “@students.cptc.edu". ie; email@example.com (Last Name: smith, SID: 975861234).
2. Default Password Format: cptcddMmmyyyy Example: a student who was born on June 8, 1999, their password would be: cptc08Jun1999 (letters are all lowercase, except for the first letter of the 3 character month).
3. If you experience difficulty logging in, please check your records to verify that your last name and date of birth as recorded with the Registrar’s Office are accurate.
We recommend unchecking the option to stay signed in. If you stay signed in, anyone using that computer may have access to your account.
We recommend that you immediately change your password to prevent misuse of your account. Changing this password is what also enables you to use Wi-Fi on campus. To change your password, follow these steps:
1. Log in to your student email account.
2. Go to your inbox.
3. Click on your username in the top-right corner.
4. Click “Account.”
5. Click “Security.”
6. Click “Change Password.”
7. Enter your current and new passwords – your new password must be at least 10 characters.
8. Click “Change Password.”
Use your student email address to access your email with your Office 365 account, to log into the CPTC_Students Wi-Fi network on campus, and to log in to student computers on campus.
You will be prompted to change your password upon your first login, along with setting up password self-recovery options. If you you’re your old password, you may change your password at any time by following the directions below.
If you have forgotten your password, visit the Microsoft Password Reset page to reset it.
If you wish to use your student email with a mobile phone, please follow the instructions for setting up your CPTC email on your mobile phone:
Your student email account is managed in Microsoft O365. You can download the Microsoft Outlook app from Microsoft store, Google Playstore or iOS app store, depending on which model of phone you are using. For additional information or to download, please visit Microsoft's Outlook download page and follow instructions on how to configure your smartphone to access your CPTC student e-mail account.
For additional help, contact the Learning Resource Center Help Desk, Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. at 253-589-5820.