Here's a step-by-step guide to make sure you get credit for your professional development work:
NOTE: There is not currently a method to track your current amount of PD, without talking with someone directly at HR. We are in the process of making it more convenient and transparent way of tracking your progress yourself.
Step 1: Check your PD Plan (if applicable)
- Before attending the conference or doing your training, make sure to check your Professional Development Plan to ensure that it aligns with your goals. Click here to download the PDP.
- If you don't have at PD plan, make sure you talk to your Dean about setting one up (or if you need to).
Step 2: Visit the Faculty PDU Tracking website.
Step 3: Fill out the Prior Approval Form (if required)
- Complete the prior approval form (Request Faculty Prior Approval for Training) on the Faculty PDU Tracking website. Make sure to include all necessary information such as the conference name, location, and dates. If you need any assistance filling this out, please email: email@example.com
- PLEASE NOTE: If PDU training is done through the CPTC Teaching & Learning Center, you do NOT need to request prior approval.
Step 4: Send the Prior Approval Form to your Dean
- Once you've completed the prior approval form, send it to your Dean for review and approval. They will notify you whether it's approved or denied.
Step 5: Attend the professional development event or do the training
- If your Dean approves your request, attend the event or do the training and soak up all the new knowledge!
Step 6: Return to the Faculty PDU Tracking website
- After attending or doing the professional development, return to the Service - Faculty PDU Tracking website.
Step 7: Click on PDU Tracker
- Click on the PDU Tracker option on the website.
Step 8: Fill in necessary information and attach the Prior Approval Form
- Fill in all necessary information such as the conference name, location, and dates, and attach the prior approval form you received from your Dean.
And voila! You're all set to receive credit for attending the conference. Don't forget to keep a copy of your attendance certificate just in case.